WINSCP >>> COOL STUFF >>>
So I had posted earlier a way to copy files from a Linux box to a Windows box using the rdesktop protocol and how this was done..
Now I have come across another cool prog for windows that helps with file transfer from a *nix box to windows.. a little program called winscp.
Winscp runs on windows and make an SSH connection back to a *nix box for file transfers.
So I downloaded winscp from a "google" search and installed this on my windows computer, after running the install I ran the winscp prog and this was simply as typing in the SSH information back to the *nix box which had the files on it that I was trying to copy across.
Easy as that.. if you are going from *nix to *nix box SCP will work for this, I however, have not experimented with scp so until next time....
lata...
by the way,, you can use a program for windows called salamander to view compressed *nix files another shout out to J. Hass for letting me know this little trick on the winscp....
Check out his ongoing project... www.greatcalling.com ... and as always,,, www.thinix.com
biz
Now I have come across another cool prog for windows that helps with file transfer from a *nix box to windows.. a little program called winscp.
Winscp runs on windows and make an SSH connection back to a *nix box for file transfers.
So I downloaded winscp from a "google" search and installed this on my windows computer, after running the install I ran the winscp prog and this was simply as typing in the SSH information back to the *nix box which had the files on it that I was trying to copy across.
Easy as that.. if you are going from *nix to *nix box SCP will work for this, I however, have not experimented with scp so until next time....
lata...
by the way,, you can use a program for windows called salamander to view compressed *nix files another shout out to J. Hass for letting me know this little trick on the winscp....
Check out his ongoing project... www.greatcalling.com ... and as always,,, www.thinix.com
biz

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home