Thursday, November 03, 2011

Android 2.3 Exchange 2010 SP1 & Active Sync

With all the posts on the net right now concerning issues with not being able to connect into a Microsoft Exchange server, I thought that I would post a quick "How To". The following is how I configured Corporate Sync on a Motorola Electrify.

My Setup:
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1 installed running on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 64 bit.
I will not go into the setup of Exchange, OWA, etc.

From the Android phone, email, corporate sync,when first trying to set this up , I was constantly getting and error message could not connect to server. I tried different setup routines and nothing would work. I think this was due to the fact on older versions of Android OS would allow you to select SSL Connection and Verify Certificate. In this version, I could not UNselect Verify Certificate and this would not create the account.

When first getting the android phone, I did set up a gmail account which can be used to setup on the phone itself when the phone first goes through its' configuration phase ( you can select to skip and add later ).

Back to the Corporate Sync settings > From here I added in the gmail account information as though this would be a corporate setup. Email account, username, password and for the server > m.google.com. This then allowed the corporate account to finish. When completed, I simply clicked on Settings > Accounts > Corporate Acct I just setup and then ws able to UN Check Verify Certificate. I then changed the information back to the Microsoft Exchange account needed. The only thing I did make sure of was username / ID, I entered this as domain\username. This is the same as when accessing OWA via network connection. Once finished, the connection worked back to our Exchange server and began syncing mail, calendar, contacts with the user account.

Biz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home