Monday, May 14, 2012

Exchange 2010 Export Mailbox to PST file

I have found the following commands to allow backup of online mailboxes into a .PST file for archival / export purposes.

First you need to create a shared folder with the following permissions: 
Create Shared folder and assign "Exchange Trusted Subsystem" read/write permissions

You will also need to grant Import and Export rights to a user account Ex. Administrator
New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Role "Mailbox Import Export" -User "username here"

Begin export of mailbox:
New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox "mailbox name" -FilePath "\\Servername\"sharedpath"\mailbox.pst

Monitor Process of Export:
Get-MailboxExportRequest | Get-MailboxExportRequestStatistics

Now Clear the previous request
Gete-MailboxExportRequest | Remove-MailboxExportRequest

So in my case, I needed to export Ted's mailbox. I ran the following commands from Exchange 2010 Management Shell as Administrator, logged into the Exchange 2010 server as an administrator

New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Role "Mailbox Import Export" -User administrator

Exit and re-open Management Shell

New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox ted -FilePath "\\Exchange\PST\ted.pst"

Get-MailboxExportRequest | Get-MailboxExportRequestStatistics

Get-MailboxExportRequest | Remove-MailboxExportRequest

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

biz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home